In 2016 Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radio Electronics is accredited the status of scientific organization by the State Committee on Science and Technology and the National Academy of Sciences of Belarus.
The Department of Research and Development of Belarusian State University of Informatics and Radioelectronics (RDC of BSUIR) was established with the task to organize, coordinate and manage scientific, technical and innovative activities of the University.
Scientific research is conducted in close collaboration with other universities, scientific institutes of the National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Belarus, Academies of Sciences of the CIS countries, research foundations, organizations, businesses, industry ministries and state bodies, also through coordinating topics of scientific research within the framework of science and technology programmes, carrying out joint scientific research projects on the basis of package contracts.
The Department of Research and Development consists of 37 science and technology laboratories and workgroups, 9 scientific centres. The Department also includes administrative, management, production and auxiliary sections. The expert staff of the science and technology Department publishes treatises, organizes and conducts science and technology conferences, seminars and fairs.
PRINCIPLES OF R&D DEPARTMENT:
- expertise and professionalism
- responsibility and mutual respect
- reliability of information
- trustworthiness and integrity
- results and effectiveness
- the success of our partners is our success
TASKS AND FUNCTIONS OF THE R&D DEPARTMENT
- conduct and develop fundamental and applied research in the priority-driven spheres of scientific activities of the Republic of Belarus which lay the foundation for mastering new technologies and development of science schools
- create scientific and technical products, based on the innovative development of science and technology
- implement the results of scientific research and development of new equipment and technologies
- commercialize the results of research and transfer of technologies, patent expertise on promising research projects
- train specialists and teaching staff of the highest qualification on the basis of the latest achievements of the science and technology
- support innovative scientific and technological projects
- secure of investments
- study long-term forecast of the development of science and technology for specific branches of activity and define directions of scientific and technological activity
- develop new, progressive forms of scientific and technological collaboration with scientific, design-and-engineering and industrial businesses aimed at finding joint solutions to scientific and technological tasks, creation of high technologies and promoting industrial use of such new scientific developments
- expansion of international scientific and technological collaboration with foreign organizations in order to integrate into the world network of science and education and to jointly develop scientific and technological product.