Vice-Rector for Research and Development,
PhD, Associate Professor
☏ +375 17 293 84 24
FIELD OF EXPERTISE
- Computer-aided design of microelectronics technological processes and devices (custom analog, digital and mixed analog-digital integrated circuits; power electronic devices; element base of radiation-resistant high-frequency and high-voltage bipolar analog integrated circuits; devices and structures based on wide-band semiconductor materials and transistors with high electron mobility; semiconductor devices with nanometer-sized elements; sensor devices).
- Quantum-mechanical simulation of nanoscale systems (structural, electronic, magnetic and optical properties of bulk, including layered, materials, 2D materials, surfaces, heterostructures; influence of defects on the electronic and optical and magnetic properties of the structures under study; accounting for the effect of an external electric field).
- Statistical analysis, modeling and optimization of production processes (optimization of operational parameters and modes of production processes, taking into account their statistical dispersion; verification of the parameters of physical and mathematical models implemented in special software; extraction of parameters of electric models of semiconductor devices and elements of integrated microcircuits).
TEACHING OF ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE
- Fundamentals of computer-aided design in micro-and nanoelectronics.
- Computer-aided design systems for integrated circuits.
- Topological design of integrated circuits.
- Functional and circuit design of integrated circuits.
- Information technologies.
SUMMARY OF POSITIONS HELD
March 2019 – present – Scientific Advisor of R&D Lab “Computer-aided design of micro- and nanoelectronic systems”.
1999 – 2008 junior researcher, researcher, senior researcher.
- About 10 textbooks and tutorials, including one with the stamp of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus
- Three PhD students have successfully defended their theses under his supervision (2010, 2015, 2018)
- Supervisor of three laureates and two winners of the national competition "Best Scientific Work" among Belarusian students
- Since 1999 he has been the Principal Investigator and Project Manager of 45+ projects under various state scientific research programs, the Russia-Belrus Union State, grants of the Ministry of Education of Belarus and BRFFR, business contracts with Belarusian companies, as well as the responsible executor of two projects funded by the European Commission (EU Framework programmes)
- Certificates of Merit of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus (2020, 2015)
- BSUIR Certificates of Honor (2020, 2014, 2004)
- Prize of the Special Fund of the President of the Republic of Belarus for Social Support of Talented Pupils and Students (2015)
- Winner of “The Best Young Teacher of BSUIR” contest (2008)
- Team leader of VASP software package users (the only group in the Republic of Belarus, which has an official license)
- BSUIR official representative in the EUROPRACTICE Сonsortium
- Member of the editorial board of the "Material Physics and Mechanics" scientific journal (2017–2019, Saint Petersburg, Russia)
- Member of the organizational and program committees of local and foreign scientific conferences, incl. Int. Conf. On Advanced Technologies for Communications – ATC, Int. Workshop on New Approaches to High-Tech: Nano-Design, Technology, Computer Simulations, as well as technical editor of the proceedings
MAJOR PAPERS PUBLISHED IN 2015-2020
- GaN HEMT Thermal Characteristics Evaluation Using an Integrated Approach Based on the Combined Use of First-Principles and Device Simulations - M. Baranova, D. Hvazdouski, V. Volcheck, V. Stempitsky, Dao Dinh Ha, Trung Tran Tuan - 2020 International Conference on Advanced Technologies for Communications (ATC): conference proceedings, Nha Trang, Oct. 8-10, 2020. - Nha Trang, 2020. - P. 65-69.
- Mobility of a two-dimensional electron gas in the AlGaN/GaN heterostructure: simulation and analysis - V. Volcheck, V. Stempitsky - J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. - 2019. - Vol. 1410. - 012200.
- Physic-topological (electrical) model of a junction field effect transistor, taking into account the degradation of operational characteristics under the influence of penetrating radiation - I. Lovshenko, V. Khanko, V. Stempitsky - ITM Web of Conferences 30, 10002 (2019). - P. 8.
- Magnetic Properties of Vacancies and Doped Chromium in a ZnO Crystal - V. Jafarova, G. Orudzhev, S. Huseynova, V. Stempitsky, M. Baranava // Semiconductors. - 2018. - Vol. 52. - P. 1047-1050.
- Исследование характеристик датчика холла с различной геометрией активной области - Дао Динь Ха, Стемпицкий В.Р. - Нано- и микросистемная техника. – 2018. – T. 20. – No 3. – С. 174–186.
- Radiation influence on electrical characteristics of complementary junction field-effect transistors exploited at low temperatures - I. Lovshenko, V. Khanko, V. Stempitsky - J. Materials Physics and Mechanics. - St.Petersburg : Institute of Problems of Mechanical Engineering, vol. 39. - No 1. - 2018. - P. 92-101.
- Electronic properties of graphene-based heterostructures - V. Skachkova, M. Baranava, D. Hvazdouski, V. Stempitsky - J. Phys.: Conf. Ser. 917. – 2017. – 092012.
- Usage of cobalt oxide particles as precursor for FEBID: Ab initio study - V. Skachkova, J. Tamuliene, V. Stempitsky - J. Nanopart. Res., 18 – 2016. – 264.
- Optimization of structural and technological parameters of the field effect Hall sensor / I. Lovshenko, V. Volchek, V. Stempitsky, Dao Dinh Ha, A. Belous, V. Saladukha // The International Conference on Advanced Technologies for Communications – 2015, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam – P. 642-644.