PROJECTS FOR COLLABORATION
Project 1. Technology and software for EMC analysis and behavioral simulation of active phased antenna arrays operating in severe electromagnetic environments
Development of technology and software for the analysis of electromagnetic compatibility and behavioral simulation of active phased antenna arrays (APAA) of a modern complicated multifunctional radioelectronic system (ship, aircraft, ground-based center of anti-aircraft/ space defense) in severe electromagnetic environments (EME) taking into consideration nonlinear effects in APAA active elements which are the reason of the degradation of APAA characteristics in severe EME.
Project 2. Technology and specialized expert system for system-level discrete analysis of compromising electromagnetic emanations (DA CEE) for protection of information from unauthorized access
Development of efficient modern technology and specialized expert system for analysis of levels of unwanted electromagnetic oscillations and emanations created by equipment of information reception, processing, storage and transmission, and observed outside the control zone. Complex onboard radio electronic systems and local ground facilities can be analyzed. The analysis detects all potentially dangerous paths of propagation of compromising electromagnetic signals (through which technical channels of information leakage can be arranged), and assesses the effectiveness of elimination of these channels.
Projects involving the development/adaptation in accordance with the requirements of the Customer and the supply of original and high-performance technologies, software, specialized expert systems, and hardware and software systems to resolve electromagnetic compatibility problems.
Project 3. EMC Virtual Testing Area (VTA): Technology/Software/Test System & Services
Development and delivery of technology and hardware and software system to analyze and provide intersystem EMC of spatially-distributed ground, sea or air-based radio systems and facilities.
Project 4. Technology and specialized expert system for discrete system analysis & synthesis of EMC
Development and supply of the efficient modern technology and specialized expert system for the discrete analysis and synthesis (design) of EMC of complex onboard radio electronic systems and local ground radio objects. The technology and expert system ensure the detection of all potentially dangerous spurious electromagnetic couplings between elements of the analyzed system, an automated search and assessment of the effectiveness of the elimination.
Project 5. Technology and hardware and software system for systematic analysis, modeling, and measurement of nonlinear phenomena and radio interference in radio equipment
Development and delivery of an original and high-performance technology and hardware and software system for systematic analysis, modeling, and measurement of nonlinear phenomena (intermodulation, blocking, intermodulation distortions, local oscillator noises conversion, spurious responses, etc.) and radio interference in radio equipment operating in a complicated electromagnetic environment.
Project 6. Analysis of immunity of technical systems and devices to ultrashort ultra-wideband electromagnetic pulses (UWB EMP) and development of methods for protection against their effects
We offer the following scientific and technical cooperation under this topic:
- joint testing of technical systems and devices for immunity to UWB EMP;
- creation of a database on the immunity of technical means and their elements to UWB EMP;
- research of the physical phenomena that determine the nature of the impact of UWB EMP on radio-electronic equipment;
- development of physical and mathematical models to describe the impact of the UWB EMP on radio-electronic equipment; justification of measures to minimize the results of this impact;
- joint development of methods for protecting radio electronic equipment from the impact of UWB EMP and other types of electromagnetic exposure (CW, HPEM, E1 HEMP, E3 HEMP).
Project 1. Electrostatic colloidal microthruster for small spacecrafts of CubeSat format
Key words: microthruster, nanotechnologies, сubsat, nanosatellite, microsatellite, aerospace
Type of collaboration: technical cooperation / research cooperation
Project 2. Active phased antenna array of space radar with a synthesized X band aperture for remote probing of the surface of the earth
The main instrument of radar monitoring is a space radar with a synthesized aperture. Modern technical and technological opportunities to expand an operating band of the radar signal of the space radar with a synthesized aperture up to 400 MHz allow to achieve a resolution of 0.5 m in a detailed (searchlight) mode which corresponds to the best parameters of the optical space monitoring systems currently in force.
Space radar with a synthesized aperture consisting of 12 base panels (APAA) with a common control system will provide the characteristics equal to the world's best radars with ultra-high resolution in orbit with a height of 520±20 km: azimuth resolution of 1.0 m (detailed mode) at 200 MHz bandwidth.
Project. Technology for analyzing and predicting the level of electromagnetic environmental pollution by 2G/3G/4G/5G mobile communication systems
Key words: 5G, mobile, network, electromagnetic, safety
Type of cooparation: commercial agreement with technical support
Project 1. Metrological complex for research and verification of signals using RFID technologies
The complex is used for metrological control and verification of signal parameters generated by RFID-based electronics during their production, storage, access control, processing, disposal, etc. in a real electromagnetic environment.
The metrological complex allows measurement and verification of spectral, time, spatial and polarization characteristics of signals emitted by RFID-based devices in a real electromagnetic environment.
Project 1. Technology and equipment for evaluation and development of human motor patterns in extreme situations
The technology for human motor patterns is based on the synchronized registration and structural and functional analysis of multichannel electromyograms, accelerograms and electroencephalograms. Based on the results of structural and functional analysis of human movements in extreme situations, a program of controlled changes in human motor skills under multichannel electrical stimulation is developed.
The proposed technology allows analyzing of human motional skills. It is possible to determine the kinetic talent of a person: speed of acquisition of new movements, ability to adequately rearrange locomotor activity in unexpected situations.
Scope of technology: selection of candidates for work in extreme situations, controlled development or correction of human motor patterns, improvement of speed and efficiency of training.
Project 2. Digital biomedical image processing based on neural network deep learning
The technology is based on a specific software tool (a set of computer algorithms) that would automatically process DICOM files that were collected after an X-ray computer tomography of an individual's damaged bones, as well as that would search and identify the orbit (eye socket) and design a 3D model of an appropriate titanium implant for the damaged orbital thin bones.
The software tool includes:
– a programme module enabling the correction of orbital thin bones in the DICOM files and orbital volume calculation,
– a structured and taught neural network enabling automated search of the orbit in the 3D data.
This technology will enhance the quality of surgical operations on titanium implantation in the damaged facial bones, and is an effective solution to the problem of automating the process of obtaining three-dimensional models of the facial thin bones of complex shape using a neural network.
Project 1. Industrial technology of high-k dielectric films fabrication (HfO2, ZrO2, Ta2O5, TiO2) by ion-plasma deposition for microelectronic components including those of nanosize or with enhanced radiation resistance
This technology is based on methods of magnetron and high-frequency magnetron reactive sputtering.
It enables to form high-k dielectric layers (HfO2, ZrO2, Ta2O5, TiO2) of up to 50 nm in width for a gate dielectric of a field-effect transistor (CMOS technology, etc.), which possess low drain current and high operational characteristics at the topology rate of 60 nm and lower.
It is applicable for a mass production of microelectronic components.
Atmospheric discharge plasma technologies
Project 2. Equipment and technology for cleaning and surface modification of materials of different nature by processing in atmospheric discharge plasma
Comprehensive technology for operational control of the adhesive properties of the surface of materials of different nature at the nanoscale (atomic cleaning and surface modification) based on dielectric barrier discharge at atmospheric pressure. It does not require an expensive and energy-intensive equipment.
The technology makes it possible to increase the adhesive properties of the surface 2-6 times or more depending on the type of materials, to change the surface morphology and control the structure and properties of the applied layers.
Technology application examples: surface treatment of metals, semiconductors and dielectrics (including plastics, paper, etc.) to increase or decrease their adhesive properties.
Project 3. Dielectric coating deposition technology using atmospheric discharge plasma
Comprehensive technology of micro- and nanostructured coating formation at atmospheric pressure which makes it possible to significantly reduce harmful and hazardous chemicals application, as well as expensive and energy-intensive equipment, in production activity.
The technology allows depositing dielectric coating on substrates of different nature.
Technology application examples: protection of metal mirrors surface, semiconductor materials surface passivation, protection and modification of the surface of polymeric and organic materials (also to increase and reduce surface wettability).
Vacuum plasma technologies
Project 4. The technology of coating formation based on stoichiometrically stable oxides and nitrides of metals by the method of nanolayer synthesis
The technology is based on the methods of magnetron sputtering and synthesis of compounds in high-density plasma. It is suitable for mass production of products.
The technology allows reproducible formation of solid, dense films of materials with thickness of 10 nm and more, and multilayer nanostructured gradient coatings with unique properties.
Technology application examples: formation of functional layers of interference coating with thickness from a few up to several hundreds of nanometers with high-precise definition of thickness, high-quality dielectric layers for micro- and nanoelectronics.
Project 5. Experimental technology of forming thick copper films of high quality for metallization of high-power hybrid IC transceiver modules of HF and UHF bands
The technology allows coating deposition at a velocity of 0.01 to more than 0.5 µm/sec in a vacuum Technology application examples: formation of low-resistance thick-film copper metallization on sitall, polikor and other similar substrates for hybrid microelectronics.
Project 6. Experimental technology of forming dielectric coatings of silicon oxide by chemical deposition from the gas phase in high-density plasma
The technology allows forming high-quality coatings of silicon oxide and nitride at rate of more than 100 nm/min.
Technology allows: form layers with a thickness of 0.1 to 10 µm and more, uniformity on the substance diameter of 200 mm +5 % and better, refractive index n = 1,44–1,51, deposition rate up to 40 nm/min (from TEOS).
Technology application examples: functional layers for antireflective optics in the visible and near IR bands, passivation and isolation for microelectronics and MEMS technology, planarization of the surface of sitall substrates obtained by powder sintering, etc.
Project 7. High efficiency magnetron sputtering system for metal coating
Target material ratio is more than 40% with magnetron sputtering systems of the extended configuration and more than 35% for circular configuration with flat targets, while nonuniformity of the formed coatings is +2,5 % and better.
Systems application examples: metal coatings for displays, metallization of integrated circuits, MEMS, mirrors, etc.
Project 1. System for autonomous control and effectiveness monitoring of a solar plant
An information system for autonomous control and effectiveness monitoring of a solar plant is based on the digital (virtual) twin technology, thus it enables to autonomously search for system malfunctions, assess the efficiency of the solar panels and support decision-making process. The digital twin system of the solar plant comprises three components: a living mathematical model, big data analytics engine, and AI knowledge engine.
Such an information system is supposed to be able to collect and process the operation data of the solar plant autonomously, analyze its efficiency parameters, detect malfunctions, create system status reports, and formulate recommendations about required maintenance actions.
Project 1. Research of parameters and fabrication of integrated digital magnetic threshold sensors
Key words: sensor, nanotechnology, threshold microelectronics, magnetic
Type of collaboration: technical cooperation
Project 2. Fabrication and study of semiconducting nanocomposites including graphitic carbon nitride (g-C3N4), oxides (ZnO, CuO, Fe3O4, etc.), sulfides (ZnS, CuS, FeSn, etc.) for photocatalytic purification of water from organic and bacterial pollutions, visible light destruction of organic polymers, flexible photonic applications
BSUIR role: synthesis of the materials and analysis of their photocatalytic and photonic properties.
Partner’s role: extended analysis of the composition and structure of the materials and devices based on their application.
Recently published papers:
- E.B. Chubenko, A.V. Baglov, E.S. Lisimova, V.E. Borisenko, Synthesis of graphitic carbon nitride in porous silica glass, International Journal of Nanoscience 18(3/4), 1940042 (4 pages) (2019). DOI: 10.1142/S0219581X19400428
- A.V. Baglov, E.B. Chubenko, A.A. Hnitsko, V.E. Borisenko, A.A. Malashevich, V.V. Uglov, Structural and photoluminescence properties of graphite-like carbon nitride, Semiconductors 54(2), 228-232 (2020). DOI: 10.1134/S1063782620020049
- E.B. Chubenko, N.M. Denisov, A.V. Baglov, V.P. Bondarenko, V.V. Uglov, V.E. Borisenko, Recovery behavior of the luminescence peak from graphitic carbon nitride as a function of the synthesis temperature, Cryst. Res. Technol. 1900163 (6 pages) (2020). DOI: 10.1002/crat.201900163
Project 3. Fabrication and study of lateral heterostructures of two-dimensional crystals of transition metal chalcogenides
BSUIR role: ab initio simulation of electronic and optical properties of lateral heterostructures of two-dimensional crystals.
Partner’s role: fabrication and study of lateral heterostructures of two-dimensional crystals and their made devices.
Recently published papers:
- V.L. Shaposhnikov, A.V. Krivosheeva, V.E. Borisenko, Impact of defects on electronic properties of heterostructures constructed from monolayers of transition metal dichalcogenides, Phys. Status Solidi B 256(3), 1800355 (7 pages) (2019). DOI: 10.1002/pssb.201800355.
- A.V. Krivosheeva, V.L. Shaposhnikov, V.E. Borisenko, J. L. Lazzari, Electronic properties of WS2/WSe2 heterostructure containing Te impurity: The role of substituting position, International Journal of Nanoscience 18(3/4), 1940007 (4 pages) (2019). DOI: 10.1142/S0219581X19400076.
- Krivosheeva, V. Shaposhnikov, V. Borisenko, J.-L. Lazzari, Energy band gap tuning in Te doped WS2/WSe2 heterostructures, Journal of Materials Science (2020). DOI: 10.1007/s10853-020-04485-x.
Project 1. Design and production of smart robots for exploration of the Earth’s surface
An intelligent robotic system embraces the following subsystems: a mechanical chassis with mechatronics, a control and telecommunication subsystem, and onboard special-purpose technological equipment. Artificial intelligence occupies a special place in the robot’s control system, which is responsible for positioning, navigation and decision-making processes. The application and operating conditions of the smart robot determine the technical requirements for the above named subsystems.
We offer cooperation within the full technological development cycle, starting from the development of technical requirements for subsystems and ending with the manufacture of prototypes. BSUIR has recently developed a prototype of a similar smart robot for fire fighting and emergency situations.
Recently published papers:
- Tatur M.M., Sasin E.A., Sidorovich A.S. MODELING THE BRAKING CONTROL SYSTEM OF A MOBILE ROBOTIC PLATFORM. 2018 Information Technologies and Systems International Conference Proceedings, Minsk, Belarus, 2018, pp. 254-255. URL: https://libeldoc.bsuir.by/handle/123456789/34167 [in Russian]
- Tatur M.M., Yanochkin A.L. FINAL REPORT ON R&D PROJECT: THE APPLICATION CONCEPT OF ROBOTIC SYSTEMS TO PERFORM COMPLEX TECHNOLOGICAL PROCESSES. APPROBATION IN A ROBOTIC SYSTEM MODEL. BSUIR, Minsk, Belarus, 2016. URL: https://libeldoc.bsuir.by/handle/123456789/26308
- Tatur M.M., Dadykin A.K. and Kurdi M.M. MULTIFUNCTION SYSTEM OF MOBILE ROBOTICS. 2016 Third International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Computer Engineering and their Applications, Beirut, Lebanon, 2016, pp. 110-113. DOI: 10.1109/EECEA.2016.7470775
Project 1. Application of computer vision technologies for work place safety
A system based on computer vision technologies may fulfill the following tasks: to determine unauthorized personnel in the restricted area, smoking people in the prohibited area, people without a helmet at the site, the exceeding number of personnel in the elevator or car, etc. Specific customized terms for the control and monitoring functions shall constitute the initial data needed to start the development activities. BSUIR has already developed a prototype of a similar system with a completed hardware part. Upon agreement, the system’s software maybe adapted or modified for a specific application area.
Recently published papers:
- Zhartybayeva M.G., Tatur M.M., Shaverdo M.M., Iskakov K.T. METHODS OF REDUCING THE COMPUTATIONAL COMPLEXITY OF FUZZY INFERENCE ALGORITHMS FOR IMPLEMENTATION ON A MICROCONTROLLER WITH LIMITED COMPUTATIONAL RESOURCES. Eurasian Journal of Mathematical and Computer Applications, V.7, Issue 1, 2019, pp. 65-78. DOI: 10.32523/2306-6172-2019-7-1-65-78
- Tatur M., Adzines D., Seitkulov Y. and Lukashevich M. DATA MINING PROCESSING BASED ON PROBLEM-ORIENTED MACHINE ARCHITECTURE. 2015 International Conference on Information and Digital Technologies, Zilina, Slovakia, 2015, pp. 372-375. DOI: 10.1109/DT.2015.7222999
- Seitkulov Y., Tokhtabayev A., Atanov S., Verenik N. L., Girel A. I. and Tatur M. M. METHODOLOGY OF BUILDING INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS ON PARALLEL PROCESSOR. 2014 IEEE 8th International Conference on Application of Information and Communication Technologies, Astana, Kazakhstan, 2014, pp. 1-5. DOI: 10.1109/ICAICT.2014.7035973
COOPERATION AREAS UNDER JOINT R&D PROJECTS
- Commercial agreement with technical assistance: an agreement arranging the non-exclusive acquisition of a product or technology paired with the provision of a number of services in support of, or essential to, this transfer of technology.
- Research cooperation agreement: an agreement between two entities to work together on the exploratory research and development of new solution or technology.
- Technical cooperation agreement: an agreement between two entities whereby resources are pooled and skills are shared to further development of the technical aspects of a product or technology (ex. prototype stage). The purpose is to enable the parties to accomplish more than they could have done alone.
- Outsourcing agreement: an agreement between a company and a service provider in which a business process is contracted to the service provider.
Facts and figures
AS WELL AS
BSUIR Quality Management System is certified in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001 in the national system and in the German DAkkS certification system.
BSUIR is accredited as a Scientific Organization by the Belarusian State Committee for Science and Technologies and the Belarusian National Academy of Sciences.
BSUIR is the main organization in the Republic of Belarus for the study of problems of protection against unwanted interference and electromagnetic compatibility of radio electronic devices, including scientific, technical and organizational support for the participation of BSUIR in the work of the State Radio Frequency Commission under the Security Council of the Republic of Belarus and its working groups.
BSUIR is awarded the Prize of the Government of the Republic of Belarus for Achievements in Quality in the years 2011, 2016, and 2019.
- Expert testing of electromagnetic compatibility of radioelectronic devices, specialized training in EMC, electromagnetic protection, safety and ecology of radioelectronic systems.
- Expert testing of electromagnetic compatibility of radioelectronic devices and (or) of high-frequency devices according to the Act of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus No. 654 dated July 25, 2013.
- Risk analysis of EMC effects on the population created by the mobile network stations and other radio systems according to the Regulations of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Belarus No. 093-0610 dated June 28, 2010.
1. Calibration of microwave and EHF measuring devices (generators; sweep oscillators; measurers of VSWR, loss, complex transmission and reflection coefficients, wattmeters; power converters; attenuators in certain frequency ranges (according to the accreditation sphere as defined by the certificate)
2. Testing of microwave and EHF modules and blocks:
- Technical regulations conformity certification of EHF and microwave modules and blocks (according to the lab's accreditation sphere)
- Design, production and repair of microwave and EHF measuring equipment in the frequency range from 0.01 to 220 GHz
- Development of proposals on regulatory enhancement in issues related to the electronics requirements and testing procedures
- Development and improvement of measuring and testing methods for electronics, as well as of technical regulations in the microwave measuring sphere
- Participation in state testing procedures in accordance with the state technical regulations as well as in other metrological activities
- Testing upon the request of any legal entity (court, organization or company)
- Conducting seminars and meetings on the topics related to microwave measurements and testing
- Review of similar testing laboratories operation and development of improvement recommendations
Our centers of collective use are open to a wide range of users (organizations) and provide an opportunity to carry out scientific research, development, testing and measurement in various fields of science. Specialized and unique high-efficient multi-processor computing devices and special-purpose applied software are at your disposal.